The PCA Annual Governance meeting will be held on Saturday February 9th at the Eden Resort and Suites in Lancaster from 12 PM to 4 PM. The host web site is http://www.edenresort.com/ which can be accessed for directions and other information. The meeting is probably the most important event on the PCA calendar. This meeting provides the venue for teams, clubs, promoters and other cycling organizations to shape the future of cycling in PA/WV. This is your opportunity to be heard on what we (PCA) can do to make what we do even better.
Your opinion, voice and ideas are critical to the future of cycling in PA/WV and how the PCA governs is important so please contribute by submitting a proposal and/or ensuring a team representative attends the meeting to vote. The following proposals with be reviewed and set forth for voting at the meeting:
BAR Points / Competition
- Formally recognize the U23 men as a PAR BAR (Road) category
- Formally recognize the Single Speed category as part of the PACX series
- Add Women 3-4 category to the PA Track BAR
- Change Master’s age groups to 40+/50+/60+ for the PA BAR
- Include a $1 per rider surcharge in PA Road BAR races to provide funds to support USADA drug testing at selected races. (modifications in progress)
- Allow PA/WV based promoters and clubs to submit races outside of PA/WV for PA BAR consideration.
Please submit any proposals to me by email on or before Monday February 4th. Thanks!